Do I Need A Website To Create An Online Course?
If you’re thinking about creating an online course, one of the first questions I get from people is, “Do I need a website to create an online course.
The short answer is no. There are many ways to create and sell an online course without a website.
But, should you have one? Maybe.
There are a lot of benefits to having a website for your business overall.
The Benefits Of Having A Website
The benefits of having a website include:
- being able to showcase all your courses in an attractive layout that’s easy for potential customers to find what they want.
- connecting with clients on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter by posting relevant content related to your niche.
- It also includes using email marketing software such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact so that people who sign up for courses through the site get updates about upcoming events and other announcements from you automatically delivered right into their inboxes.
Building Online Courses Without A Website
That is one of the nice things about the technology available nowadays, you can sell online courses any way you want.
- You can use a learning management system (LMS) to host your entire online course collection and use your store front as a website.
- You can put your course on an online course marketplace and have them sell it for you to their clients.
- You can create a simple email sequence that will deliver the course to them and advertise that on social media.
Are you ready to create your online course?
Take The 5-Day Mini Course Challenge.
I will walk you step-by-step through the process of creating a mini course that you can use to…
- Drive Leads To Your Main Course
- Build An Email List To Sell To Later
- Sell As A Low-Cost Product Right Away
Are you ready?
With online courses anything is possible.
The content you create for your online course will be the most important thing to consider when it comes to figuring out what you need.
For example, if your course has a lot of video tutorials and is interactive in some way, then a learning management system or website would be best.
If not, then just using a landing page along with your social media presence should work fine for you.
Choose what will work for you based on your goals, your students, and what is easiest for you to provide a quality learning experience.
If you are looking for a platform to host your online course, check out the suggestions on My Resource Page.