In today’s post we’re going to be talking about the most in demand online courses. I am always looking through different online course marketplaces, to see what are the most in demand online courses. This changes regularly depending on what is going on in the world, and how it affects online course trends.
Choosing the right topic for your online course will make a big difference in the success of your online course. If you’re considering creating an online course, and not sure what you want to teach, this will help you. I am going to show you where and how I find course trends.
I always check more than one marketplace to see what is popular, because different types of people use different platforms to learn. I also included links to the classes so that you can pop over and take a look at them. I am not an affiliate for any of these platforms and will not be compensated if you decide to purchase anything from them.
LinkedIn Learning is a very popular platform, because LinkedIn is a business networking platform. Most of the people that are on LinkedIn are interested in building skills and improving themselves for their career or even their business. I am on LinkedIn myself and have taken a few of the online courses there in the LinkedIn learning library.
When you go to LinkedIn Learning, you can scroll down, and it says this week’s top courses. As I am writing this post, here are the top 10 courses listed.
- Coaching Yourself to Career Success
- Leading Yourself
- Become a Better Coach for Your Team
- Become Your Own Boss
- Trending Tools
- Preparing Yourself for Change
- Leading with a Growth Mindset
- Humble Leadership
- Learning Design Sprints
- Boosting Your Confidence, Public Speaking and Performance
The desire for self-improvement in business is what drives people to purchase online courses on LinkedIn learning. A lot of people struggle with managing their time, especially if they’re an entrepreneur or in a management position. These are exactly the type of online courses that people wanting to get better in the business world would take.
So that is this week’s top courses on LinkedIn and this changes every day. The ones I covered in the video are not the same as the list here. This blog was written a week later. I go in here probably twice a month just to take a look at what’s trending.
Are you ready to create your online course?
Take The 5-Day Mini Course Challenge.
I will walk you step-by-step through the process of creating a mini course that you can use to…
- Drive Leads To Your Main Course
- Build An Email List To Sell To Later
- Sell As A Low-Cost Product Right Away
Are you ready?
Next we will go over to Skillshare. Skillshare has a lot more diversity, and does not focus as much on business online courses.
When you scroll down, you’ll find a button that says, ‘browse classes’ and you hit that. That brings you to all the different classes they have and the different categories of online courses they sell. Scroll down below ‘featured’ all the way to ‘popular’ classes. These are the online courses that are trending.
- Productivity Masterclass – Principles and Tools to Boost Your Productivity.
- iPhone Photography: How to Take Pro Photos On Your iPhone.
- Procreate for Beginners: Learn the Basics & Sell Your Artwork
- Intro to Procreate: Illustrating on the iPad (UPDATED for 2022)
- YouTube Success: Script, Shoot & Edit with MKBHD
- Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro for Beginners
- Realistic Paper Cut Illustrations in Procreate
- Fundamentals of DSLR Photography
- Adobe Illustrator CC – Essentials Training
- How to Study for Exams – An Evidence-Based Masterclass
There are a lot more creative online courses over on Skillshare. Photography is always a popular skill to learn and so is video editing. They do have a lot of different choices of courses, but these are what are on-demand now when I was checking them out.
If you push on the ‘view all’ button next to popular classes, it puts all the online classes in here in the order of popular. You can then narrow down your search by all time, the last six months, the last month, or the last week. Make sure to do this when you are looking for the most in-demand in a particular time period. I narrowed mine down to the last month for this list.
The last place we’re going to check is Udemy. When you get to Udemy’s home page you can scroll down, and it will always have a section called, ‘students are viewing’. This is what’s popular at that moment on Udemy.
We have a lot of technical ones over here as I am writing this. But this will change regularly.
- Microsoft Excel – Excel from Beginner to Advanced
- The Complete Digital Marketing Course – 12 Courses in 1
- Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch
- The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert
- Master the Coding Interview: Data Structures + Algorithms
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop for Business Intelligence
- Selenium WebDriver with Java -Basics to Advanced+Frameworks
- Graphic Design Masterclass – Learn GREAT Design
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) with Practice Tests
- Spring & Hibernate for Beginners (includes Spring Boot)
As you can see on Udemy, it’s a lot more tech driven. Now, there are other courses on Udemy. A lot of them. But most of the students that want to learn something from Udemy right now, most of them are looking at something technical.
If you want to see how your industry or your niche is doing, this is great for validating your online course. If you’re creating an online course covering one of these in demand online courses, good news, you’re trending. But there are many other courses that do just as well. Marketing, small business mindset. All of those always do well.
If you’re planning on launching an online course, take the time to go to each of these three websites, and research how your market is doing right now. This is a great way to not only validate your course, but see where your audience is actually looking for those courses.
If this is your first online course, and you want to test the water with a mini course, try my 5-Day Mini Course Challenge. It teaches you everything you need to do to launch a mini course in 5 days. Once you have the basics of a mini course down, the next step-up is a full online course. Click the button below to get started.